Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, large chicken katsu. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
This is my family recipe for Chicken Katsu - Japanese style fried chicken. Place chicken in the hot oil, and. Chicken Katsu is the crispiest chicken cutlet you can easily make at home!
Large Chicken Katsu is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Large Chicken Katsu is something that I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook large chicken katsu using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Large Chicken Katsu:
- Take Chicken thighs
- Prepare Cabbage (shredded)
- Get Cherry tomatoes
- Make ready Lemon
- Make ready White wine
- Get Salt and pepper
- Get Eggs
- Get Milk
- Prepare Panko
- Make ready Cake flour
- Take For the sauce:
- Get Tonkatsu sauce (Japanese-style Worcestershire sauce or steak sauce)
- Make ready Ketchup
- Prepare Vinegar
- Prepare Mustard
- Prepare White wine
Chicken Katsu - Japanese fried chicken cutlet with panko bread crumbs. This recipe yields very Chicken katsu is served with a tonkatsu or katsu sauce. This recipe is better than Japanese takeout! This healthier katsu is coated in finely chopped flaked almonds and baked in the oven (rather than fried) until crisp and golden.
Instructions to make Large Chicken Katsu:
- Slice into the thick part of each fillet and butterfly the meat so that you end up with an even larger piece of meat. Butterflying the meat makes it thinner, so it will cook faster. If you fry it for less time the meat will be more juicy.
- So that the meat doesn't shrink when it's fried, cut away all of the sinews. Season both sides of the meat with salt and pepper, rub it in well, and leave the meat to sit for 10 minutes.
- After the 10 minutes is up, pour 2 tablespoons of white wine over the meat and rub it in well, and leave the meat for another 15 minutes. Make sure that they return to room temperature completely.
- Coat the meat in flour and shake off any excess. Beat the eggs and milk together well and dredge the meat through it. Then apply a coating of panko.
- Pour some oil into a large frying pan and fry the chicken at 170℃. Fry the front of the meat for 1.5 minutes and the back for 1 minute. Then turn up the temperature to 190℃ and fry both sides of the meat for 30 seconds each.
- Drain the katsu well and scoop out any floating pieces of panko out of the oil after each piece of katsu has been fried.
- Cut the freshly-fried katsu into large pieces and serve on plenty of cabbage and cherry tomatoes.
- Pour over the sauce and add a dollop of Japanese mustard to serve.
Ordering chicken katsu at a Japanese restaurant guarantees you a few things: juicy chicken enveloped with shatteringly crisp breading, served with a sweet-tangy sauce that keeps you coming. Chicken katsu is widely seen on most Japanese, Korean, and Hawaiian restaurant menus. Deep fried chicken pieces with a side of dipping sauce can fulfill a good meal. Chicken Katsu is the perfect weeknight dinner. It is super simple to make and tastes amazing!
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food large chicken katsu recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!