Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, chicken-katsu (chicken cutlet). It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Chicken Katsu (チキンカツ) is a delicious alternative to the more traditional Tonkatsu (pork cutlet). Breaded with panko, these Japanese-style cutlets are shatteringly crisp on the outside and juicy on the inside. Chicken Katsu (チキンカツ) is a variation on Tonkatsu, which uses chicken instead of pork.
Chicken-katsu (Chicken Cutlet) is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Chicken-katsu (Chicken Cutlet) is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have chicken-katsu (chicken cutlet) using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken-katsu (Chicken Cutlet):
- Get 400-500 g Chicken Breast Fillets
- Take Salt and Pepper as required
- Make ready Plain Flour as required
- Prepare 1 Egg
- Take Panko Breadcrumbs as required
- Take Oil for frying
- Take <Sesame ‘Tonkatsu’ Sauce Ingredients>
- Make ready 2 tablespoons Tomato Ketchup
- Get 1 tablespoon Worcestershire (Lea & Perrins)
- Prepare 2 teaspoons Soy Sauce
- Prepare 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Get 1 tablespoon Toasted Sesame Seeds *ground
Can You Bake Chicken Katsu Technically, you can bake, but the end result is not the same as deep-fried. Chicken katsu (Japanese chicken schnitzel or chicken cutlet) is usually served with the sweet and savory tonkatsu sauce, finely shredded cabbage and cucumbers. You can eat it either with steamed rice, ramen or prepared chicken katsu don. It is a comfort food widely popular in Japan.
Steps to make Chicken-katsu (Chicken Cutlet):
- Slice Chicken Breast Fillets in half and make them even thickness by flattening the thick parts using a meat mullet or something.
- Sprinkle some Salt and Pepper over and coat with Flour.
- Then dip in beaten Egg and finally coat with Panko Breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil to 170C and fry until cooked through and golden, place on a rack and drain the oil.
- To make 'Sesame Tonkatsu Sauce', grind Toasted Sesame Seeds until moist, then combine all ingredients and mix well.
- *Note: For the photo, I used regular 'Tonkatsu' sauce.
Juicy chicken or pork cutlets in an incredibly crisp layer of golden-brown bread crumbs, with a sweet-and-savory sauce and a side of crisp shredded Slice katsu into thin strips and serve immediately with shredded cabbage, lemon wedges, white rice, Japanese pickles (if desired), and tonkatsu sauce. Chicken katsu, fried chicken cutlets, are an obsession for chef Roy Choi of Kogi BBQ in Los Angeles. The simple recipe is made with only five ingredients. For Roy Choi, these crispy egg-and-panko-coated chicken cutlets, generally made with pork in Japan, represent something major. A Japanese Style chicken cutlet breaded and fried until crispy.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food chicken-katsu (chicken cutlet) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!