Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, korean fried chicken. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Korean fried chicken, usually called chikin (치킨, from the English "chicken") in Korea, refers to a variety of fried chicken dishes created in South Korea, including the basic huraideu-chicken (후라이드 치킨, from the English "fried chicken") and spicy yangnyeom chicken. This Korean fried chicken is perfect for any occasion and I'm sure everyone will fall in love with it instantly. Learn how to make it in three simple steps!
Korean Fried Chicken is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Korean Fried Chicken is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook korean fried chicken using 22 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Korean Fried Chicken:
- Prepare Marinade
- Make ready 2 lb chicken wings
- Take 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Get 1 tsp garlic powder
- Take 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- Prepare 1/2 tsp curry powder (optional)
- Take 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Prepare 1 tsp real ginger, grated
- Take Frying Ingredients
- Prepare 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Get 1/2 cup potato starch or corn starch
- Prepare Sauce Ingredients
- Prepare 1/4 cup canola or grapeseed oil
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp chili flakes
- Prepare 1 inch ginger, minced
- Make ready 6 cloves garlic
- Take 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Make ready 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- Get 1/2 cup corn syrup
- Prepare Garnishes (optional)
- Prepare 1 green onion chopped
- Prepare 1 tbsp cilantro
Korean Fried Chicken is a dish I first tried in New York about. Korean Fried Chicken - juicy, yet crispy pieces of chicken coated in a sweet and spicy sauce. An easy fried chicken recipe with a fiery kick making for the perfect meal or appetizer. Korean Fried Chicken glazed with Sweet Garlic Soy Sauce served with green onions.
Instructions to make Korean Fried Chicken:
- Place chicken wings in large bowl. Add garlic, nutmeg, curry powder and salt. Mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hour or over night. If cooking right away do not refrigerate but keep at room temperature. But for best results marinate for 2 hours if wanting to cook right away. (In these pictures I let them marinate over night.)
- Right before frying, add flour and potato starch and mix thoroughly with your hands. The potato starch should stick to the chicken wings in a thin coating. Feel free to pat the starch onto the chicken wings firmly with hands.
- Prepare for deep frying: get out your cooling racks. Set paper towels underneath to catch any grease drippings.
- Get your oil thermometer out and a pot with high sides. Add 2-3 inches cooking oil with a high smoking point. (Grapeseed oil is great for this) The goal is to add enough oil for the chicken wings to float in the pot and not stick to the bottom.
- Wait until the oil reaches 380 degrees. Then, add the chicken wings in batches until golden and crispy about 8-10 minutes. Drain wings and set aside on paper towels.
- Now it's time for the second fry. The temperature of the oil will not dip down as much as the first fry. Fry the (already fried) chicken wings in batches until they are darker and golden brown in color about 8-10 minutes per batch at 350 degrees. The wings are done when they look shrunken and compacted with a crispy coating. Drain and set aside on cooling racks.
- Prepare the sauce: add corn syrup, soy sauce, rice vinegar in a small bowl and set aside. Add a pinch if sugar if not sweet enough to your liking.
- Prepare the minced garlic and ginger. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or deep stock pot over medium high heat and add oil. When hot but not smoking add chili flakes, garlic and ginger. Mix around with a spatula or wooden spoon until fragrant and crispy looking, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce mixture and mix until the sauce bubbles vigorously, about 2-4 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Add the chicken wings and mix with spatula or wooden spoon until each wing is coated in sauce. Transfer to plate and garnish with sesame seeds, green onion or cilantro.
I'm sure by now you probably have heard of this wonderful creation. This Korean fried chicken (KFC) is double fried until extra crispy, then tossed in a sticky, sweet and spicy sauce. The only Korean Fried Chicken recipe you'll ever need! This Korean fried chicken is chicken thighs in a crispy coating that are tossed in a sweet, spicy and savory sauce. A unique meal or snack that's totally delicious!
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food korean fried chicken recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!