Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, indonesian traditional fried chicken (ayam ungkep). It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Indonesian Traditional Fried Chicken (Ayam Ungkep) is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. Indonesian Traditional Fried Chicken (Ayam Ungkep) is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
Indonesian Traditional Fried Chicken or Ayam Goreng Ungkep is very popular dish in Indonesia and all people love it. Even though there's so many new. Indonesian Traditional Fried Chicken or Ayam Goreng Ungkep is very popular dish in Indonesia and all people love it.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have indonesian traditional fried chicken (ayam ungkep) using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Indonesian Traditional Fried Chicken (Ayam Ungkep):
- Get 1.5-2 kg chicken thigh, bone-in, skin-on
- Get 1 tbs grated garlic
- Prepare 1/2 tbs garlic powder
- Get 1 inch ginger, grated
- Prepare 2 candlenut, grated / mashed (you can ommit if you don't have it)
- Prepare 1 tbs coriander powder
- Make ready 1/2 tbs cumin powder
- Get 1/2 tbs turmeric powder
- Make ready 1 tsp nutmeg powder
- Take 2 tbs sea salt
- Take 2 tsp sugar
- Prepare to taste white pepper powder
Ayam penyet (Javanese for smashed fried chicken) is Indonesian — more precisely East Javanese cuisine — fried chicken dish consisting of fried chicken that is smashed with the pestle against mortar to make it softer, served with sambal, slices of cucumbers, fried tofu and tempeh. Ayam penyet is an Indonesian dish fried chicken, lightly smashed, normaly served with rice, raw salad as a side dish, super hot sambal chilli and lime. Indonesian Traditional Fried Chicken or Ayam Goreng Ungkep is very popular dish in Indonesia and all people love it. Even though there's so many new emerging menu up coming but still one of this traditional dish become a favorite of everyone.
Instructions to make Indonesian Traditional Fried Chicken (Ayam Ungkep):
- Mix all the spices. Rub to the chicken well. Let it stand for an hour.
- Put all the chicken pieces into the slow cooker. Set to "high" for 4 to 5 hours (depending how big the chicken pieces).
- After the chicken are cooked, at this point you can devide per portion in ziplock bags then put them in the freezer. When you need them, take out a portion then thaw it in the fridge.
- Preheat the oil then deep fry the chicken or like what I did here is frying them in an air fryer.
Indonesian fried chicken is first marinated and then simmered in a flavorful mixture of spices and herbs. Chicken done this way is great served with Nasi Goreng (Indonesian Fried Rice). Ayam Goreng Kuning is one of chicken classic Indonesian dishes. By giving the name kuning, surely this dish will include turmeric for colouring the food. Tuty and I have different style for the yellow fried chicken.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food indonesian traditional fried chicken (ayam ungkep) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!